Logo

2006 Honda 150 digital guage wire colors for fuel guage?

cmb7684

I had bought my boat used and the guy before me had Honda digital gauges installed. The gauges work great except they had disconnected all the analog gauges and my old analog fuel gauge doesnt work and neither does the one on the digital gauge bc they forgot to hook it up. What wires in the Honda harness coming from the gauge do I need to connect the wires coming from the boats fuel tank to? I already know what I have on the boat fuel tank wiring but have no idea what wires in the Honda gauge harness are the fuel tank wires? Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure it is purple for the base and purple/blue stripe for sender. BUT, try to get one of the techs on this forum to confirm. I'm traveling without my shop manual, and I'm saying this from memory, since I had to screw around with my digital gauges a year or so ago.

Thanks chawk_man I was told by boats.net that it was :

"Fuel tank sender wire connects to pink wire on speedo and pink/black wire on speedo connects to sender ground wire."

I guess if that pinks dont work Ill try the purple /blue you mentioned and see what happens.

Well, they are correct and I am wrong. Read the color codes incorrectly. Just had eyes dialated, and wasn't seeing as well as I should have. P=pink, P/BL = pink-black.

Back