Logo

Ad power steering??

glenskidoo

* Can anyone tell me what parts and part# I need to convert my 97 Larson 175 I/O 3.0L Volvo Penta with manual steering over to power steering? I know I can find part#s on the Internet and new prices, but not sure about brackets, pulleys, hoses, and hyd cylinder*that will be needed. Maybe someone is striping one down for parts and would sell it complete???
** Any help or suggestions would be great.
******************* Thanks Glen

Ayuh,.... Odds are, if ya fix what you got, ya don't need P/S....

What's the Issue you think P/S is gonna fix,..??

Hi Bondo, thanks for the reply, The boat just is hard to steer when I am pulling the tube or just up on plane. The very next year model they put power steering in that model. I have been completely through the entire steering system and all seems good. So being the lazy bastard I am and really liking the boat I thought I would try power steering.
Glen

Hi Bondo, thanks for the reply, The boat just is hard to steer when I am pulling the tube or just up on plane. The very next year model they put power steering in that model. I have been completely through the entire steering system and all seems good. So being the lazy bastard I am and really liking the boat I thought I would try power steering.
Glen

Ayuh,.... Then start searchin' ebay for the parts, 'n components,...

The pump, 'n motor brackets will be the tough part,.... Not alota 3.0ls had P/S...

There's also 2 different actuators,... The older, 'n the newer styles,...
Best I can tell, the difference in in the line connections....

In my experience, Hard steerin' is caused by, corrosion in the aluminum tube at the transom, Bad cable/ helm, or a bad prop....

Some props, just don't like some hulls....

Last edited:
OK, thanks again bondo. Will start to do some looking for part #s. Do you know if all the pumps are the same?
Glen

Ayuh,... Sorry for the delay,....
The pumps all Look alike, but the hose fittings change, 'n the mountin' points move about, dependin' on application...

Back