Logo

Head gasket question on 115hp Suzuki

ryans01z28

Contributing Member
I have a guy hat wants to trade me a boat for my trailer but he said it needs a new head gasket. I can do the work myself but I want to know if I need any special tools to do the job. Is there anything else I need to look for that my cause problems once I'm into it?
Thanks

I would pull the head off first and inspect cylinders before making any hand shakes on the deal.---Just metric tools required , nothing special.

I would pull the head off first and inspect cylinders before making any hand shakes on the deal.---Just metric tools required , nothing special.
Is it pretty simple to pull the heads and do a quick look? I have never had a boat motor apart so this is why I ask

Do a search in your area and find out where Suzuki is on the " hit parade "-----------In many areas parts and service can be a problem.--------Taking the head off is easy , not much to it.

Do a search in your area and find out where Suzuki is on the " hit parade "-----------In many areas parts and service can be a problem.--------Taking the head off is easy , not much to it.
I called around today and can't find anyone that works on these motors that's how I ended up here on the fourm. My next task would be trying to find a head gasket for the thing. Is there a good company that supply's parts for these motors?

Hey thanks I did call them and they have parts. Now the other question is, is it ok to just bore one cylinder and leave the rest if they are fine?

Some will argue.----It is done all the time and factory service manuals clearly state that one or more O/S pistons is acceptable.

Some will argue.----It is done all the time and factory service manuals clearly state that one or more O/S pistons is acceptable.
I agree. My last boat had one cylinder that was boared and it ran fine. I just wanted to get others opinion on the matter

Back