Logo

2 stroke oil

bill_w

Advanced Contributor
Any chemists out there? Is there really any difference between the higher priced 'name brand' oils, and the cheaper stuff? I would think it would all be pretty much the same, as long as it meets TC-W3 specs. Am I wrong?

Bill

They are not " all the same "------------------When you go to your doctors office you will see a diploma on the wall.------------------Ever wonder if he / she was at the top of the class or ----" just squeeked through with a passing grade "------------Think about it.

LOL...as long as he can fix whats wrong with me, I don't really care. But, on a personal note, I have had one really bad doc, a spe******t no less, who missed a cancer diagnosis. So Racer, point well taken. I'll buy good stuff.

If the TC-W3 label is on the bottle, it meets the specs and is "good enough". The upper tier brands will use a better base oil for their products as well as an enhanced additive package. Depending upon your preference, you can choose the brand(s) with the formulation to satisfy your needs...like needing "transportation" - a bicycle, a volkswagon, a chevy, or a porsche....any will provide "transportation"...

BTW, you could spend a whole week reading about this topic....use your web browser if interested

Hmmm...food for thought. Older Johnson's, an '80 115 and a '90 150 hp. Both run pretty hard (full throttle) much of the time. I guess these would be out of the realm of basic tranportation. That would be my '77 20 Merc. So, I guess I'll spend more on oil, and hopefully less on repairs.

Back