Logo

Please advise i am new to boating winterizing

sing23

"I just got a nice boat and I

"I just got a nice boat and I am so happy about owning a fishing boat. I have attempted to winterize it myself and I hope I did the right thing. I ran antifreeze into the block with a kit I purchased. I filled the tank with gas and stabolizer and I put oil stablelizer in. When I attempted to fog the engine I was getting low on antifreeze, the engine sputtered but it did not come to a comeplete stop as was suggested. I then got more antifrezze and did it again the engine paused and sputtered but it never came to a complete stop. Do you think it is o.k."

"Sure. I do mine 'on the

"Sure. I do mine 'on the starter' with the coil wire pulled. My thought is that the fogging doesn't simply burn wawy when you do it that way. Besides, it's much easier (as you have found!) You need four pairs of hands to pump the AF in, watch for the AF comiing out, fog the motor, and turn her off at the right time.

Jeff"

"It's fine. The important

"It's fine. The important thing is to get all the internal surfaces covered so they don't rust.
If it's coughing and sputtering, even if it doesn't die, you got it covered."

"Thanks for the advice. Now fo

"Thanks for the advice. Now for the nex question I plan to put this boat in fresh water being it has never been in salt water and I want to keep it a while,, is it true that It will have a longer life in lake water?"

"Ayuh,......
It'll last 1

"Ayuh,......
It'll last 100 Times Longer in Sweetwater,.... Rather than Saltwater....."

"So will all that nice, shiny

"So will all that nice, shiny chrome fittings and aluminum parts on your boat.

We had a boat, years ago, that had never seen salt water. One trip--just one--to the ocean and it looked awful!

Jeff"

Back