Logo

BF50 Electrical Mystery...Help!

jonnycage

Hello fellow floaters! I have purchased a used 2001 BF50 Honda OB with power tilt and trim. Im finally rigging it up and am having a heck of a problem. I purchased a new remote box for it, after rigging it and hooking it up I discovered nothing works? I have power at the battery. Power at the motor where the leads connect (test light) but thats it? The pig tail is plugged in and I have no lights or alarms, power tilt/trim doesent work with key off or on? I unplugged the pigtail, just had the battery connected and the tilt trim on the side of the motor doesent work either? Fuse....maybe? Pulled the fuse located by the starter and tested it, its fine, but I put a new fuse in anyway. The positive and negative leads are on the right spot also. Is there another fuse somewhere? Since I have 0 power I assume its a fuse? We by passed the remote stuff and was able to turn the motor over by jumping the posts on the starter. I consulted honda dealers and was told to just plug in the pigtail and go. I have the correct box for the job, I researched it and spoke to two different dealers. Does anyone have ANY other ideas as to what it might be? Im all ears! :confused::confused:

Thanks for looking!!!

JB

Well, there is another fuse. look at parts page below at items # 41 & 42. I have a couple of other ideas if that doesn't do the trick but they are just sort of left field guesses. Hope a new fuse solves your worries. Good luck.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H... /REGULATOR + REMOTE CONTROL CABLE/parts.html

Awesome! Thanks so much for the insight and the MUCH better schematic then whats in my manual?? I will try this when i get home and see! Not to worry, left field is about the best I have at this point. I just kind of stare at it now trying to make it run by using the force! But apparently that only works in the movies?? Thanks again!

JB

Naaaw, I use that "force" thing all the time to get stuff going. I sometimes think that's why some people say I weird??!
The "FORCE" DOES work though...
Hammer force, drop it force, throw it across the room force. REALLY works great on computers and printers! :)

Back