Logo

impeller direction

xdude43

Hello all :
I have a Bf8am (1996 honda 8hp) I am changing the impeller on this unit and got the situation pretty much lined up in my mind for final install of my new impeller. Just wanted to make sure of the spine direction on this unit. It is to spin (as I'm looking down on it) clockwise for this unit right?? in other words the sweep shoud be outside to inside in a clockwise rotation. Can someone confirm this for my final overview and the I'll getter done !! Ray

Sounds like you have it "right" to me!

It's weird how it can be hard to explain a simple concept like this...but it is.

One way of looking at it would be to imagine the housing that the impeller sits in is clear. Then, if you were to look down IN it, with the impeller installed and housing installed on the shaft, you would see the "arms" or vanes of the impeller all angled to your left.

That way, when the shaft rotates the impeller to the right, the vanes will all follow along in a smooth, "sweeping" motion.

Hthy.

Put impeller on the shaft with drive key engaged.-------Then lower the pumphousing down.-----------Turn the driveshaft in the normal direction of engine rotation , while pushing the housing down on the impeller.--------------Impeller will go in the correct way !!

Back