Logo

Evinrude 90 hp gearcase

enzo33

Hello. I wonder if anyone has any advise on this problem. I recently hit a rock with my outboard and damaged the prop and gears. When I drained the oil from the leg there was a pile of iron filings. So I know that I've done some gear damage. I tried to remove the gearcase and after removing all of the bolts the leg came down about an inch but would not come off. Is there some secret to removing it or could the gears be jammed and preventing the leg from coming completely off? I just want to know that there isn't some bolt from above that I haven't found.
Thanks for any help!
Enzo

You have to disconnect the shift linkage / rod.----It is found underneath the carburetors.-----It is either a wee bolt or a hitch pin.-------No mention of your exact model # ,---so no exact information can be given in return.

Thanks Racerone. The model is E90FPLSNF 2002. It makes sense that there is another connection holding the bottom leg from coming off. Do you have any idea as to how I get to the shift linkage?
Thanks for the help
Enzo

Hitch pin item # 46 has to be removed on the bellcrank and the bellcrank is pushed in to release the lower unit.-----------Find your motor details at the top of this page.----Look just above the yellow line.

Back