Logo

warning buzzer

Willie Landem

I replaced the water pump in my 60 hp evirude 1990 model and it runs fine for awhile, then the warning buzzer starts to sound and i shut the engine down. After a few minutes I try to start the engine again and the buzzer starts sounding before i can start the engine. I can wait a few minutes and when i turn on the egnition the sounder goes off and the engine starts up and runs fine again. I might not have any more problems until the next time i take the boat out. Is there a sensor bad causing this problem ?

If the engine is overheating it will take more than a fewminutes to cool down. Is the water running through with a good spray out theback. Temperature sensor might go bad but I would consider the thermostat first. A sticking thermostat might be causing that. When was the last time it was changed.

Where does the wee hose for the telltale exit the block ?------Is it from the side of the block or the top.---What type of boat is the motor on ?---------Have you inspected wiring for any place that there might be damaged wires ( tan coloured ) shorting to the block.?-------Then again it just may be a defective buzzer if it is the type that normally sounds for a second when you turn the key to " on "

Last edited:
Back