Logo

2008 Honda BF150 HELP!!

DeerChaser

Motor has a miss at idle. Will rev to limiter while out of gear. Under a load it wont pass 3000 rpm and it sounds horrible like not firing on all 4. Engine has 125 hours, I have found no water anywhere in the fuel. #2 plug was black. All filters checked, drained the TSV, no water, Racor had no water. I still have one year of warranty I think. Boat has sat for a year but was run ever so often on the hose. Fuel was drained over the winter and fresh gas added today. It I go WOT on the water, it will hit 3000 and just stumble, every so often it will take off for a second then back to running like crap. Any ideas?

Found water in the VST. Cleaned it all out. Pulled fuel from the tank, no water. Should it be ok now? Unable to get it to the water.

Found water in the VST. Cleaned it all out. Pulled fuel from the tank, no water. Should it be ok now? Unable to get it to the water.
Hi DeerChaser? Did you ever get your issue fixed? I am having the exact same issue on my 2006 150. Have replaced all the filters, separator, fuel lines, all new fuel, thermostats.... Still idles rough and won't power up. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi DeerChaser? Did you ever get your issue fixed? I am having the exact same issue on my 2006 150. Have replaced all the filters, separator, fuel lines, all new fuel, thermostats.... Still idles rough and won't power up. Any help would be appreciated.

I drained everything and replaced the plugs. I hate to say this but I have yet to take it back out. Between being sick and work, no time. With these type plugs, if you pull them, replace them! Don't forget to drain the VST!

Back