Logo

Fuel Fill opening location

CaptCris

Hi, * * * I have a 20 foot fiberglass cuddy with a built on swimming platform on the stern which is

where the fuel fill opening is and the fuel vent also. *I'm replacing the fuel fill hose which is 1 1/2"

internal diameter and very stiff . What i'd like to do instead of bending the hose into an "S" shape

to get it from the spot it juts from the floor near the stern or transom wall on the starboard side to the*

chromed metal fuel fill connector on the swimming platform wall is to move the fuel fill opening to the

starboard side just above and to the rear of the plastic vent for the engine compartment.*

PICT0005.JPGPICT0006.jpgPICT0007.jpg

Is this going to be a problem with possible fumes being sucked into the vent for the engine compartment

or will the screw on fuel fill cap take care of these fumes ? Is there a coast guard regulation on this placing

of the fuel fill opening ? My boat was manufactured in 1990 and as far as i know this is where the manufacturer

originally placed the opening on the swim platform.

Ayuh,.... Where it is Now, ir reasonably Dry most all the time,...

Where you wanta put it is Very Wet, everytime ya break-over onto plane...

I'd stick with where it is,...
Water in the fuel is a major problem with the stuff they call gasoline now a days...

Ayuh,.... Where it is Now, ir reasonably Dry most all the time,...

Where you wanta put it is Very Wet, everytime ya break-over onto plane...

I'd stick with where it is,...
Water in the fuel is a major problem with the stuff they call gasoline now a days...

You Know I never even considered the water issue ...I was focused on the gasoline vapor problem....I guess Best thing is to leave

it where the boat builder designed it to be...Now I have to wrestle with the stiff hose to get it to fit right. Thank You for your reply Bondo :cool:

just dont cut the new fuel fill tube short allways cut it a little long you can allways cut more off not so easy to add.

Oh yes, I follow the old motto " Think twice , cut once " but i'll revise it too " Think twice, measure twice, cut once" then pray my vision accurate

:)

Back