Logo

Fluxuation Starboard engine

adunn

"Have a 1997 310 hp efi engine

"Have a 1997 310 hp efi engine after 30 to 40min the rpm start to fluxuate like it not getting enough fuel have a B&G navnet and it show fuel shortage on that engine, we have change the fuel cooler,high and low pressure pumps,syphon valves,clean both tanks,check vents,plugs and all electrical connection. I am lost and so is my Mechanic, Please help"

"It just may come down to the

"It just may come down to the fuel, sounds like you have checked everything else. There have been times where adding fuel dryer and octane boaster didn't do it I just had to get rid of the fuel. I suspect that there is to much water in the fuel. It collects in small amounts but after 40 mins you get enough to give the system problems, then when you idle back the water moves backward in the system, to start all over.
Pull a sample of fuel from the top and then the bottom of the tank look for water. Good luck"

sounds like his problem is onl

sounds like his problem is only on one engine - not both. Keep in mind that this may be an ignitions stuble or other ignition problem. Clean distributor cap and rotor? Plugs and wires?

Back