Logo

Ever seen this before ??

Charger25

211.jpg212.jpg213.jpg The water deflector has swelled up and pushed out the head gasket causing water to leak into the bottom piston. Question is , can I just shave it off even with the cylinder or should these things be recessed? Already took the head to a local M-shop to be milled, yeah it caused the head to be warped enough not to seal with a new gasket. #E25EROR and had been run alot in salt water.
Thanks

Sorry, but you are guessing here.----All aluminum castings on outboards warp with time, overheat or not.Severe overheat does make it worse.That rubber water deflector did NOT push out the head gasket.-----------------Replace deflecters, replace impeller and inspect thermostat.----In 40 years of outboard repairs I have rarely seen a cylinderhead that was still flat.

Well now, there are times that ya just gotta guess:) I was pretty sure that over heating was involved though. Impeller has been replaced as has T-stat. You sure that I just can't shave it off even with the cylinder wall? I'm repairing this for a friend whose on a VERY tight budget as am I.

Those deflectors are very important to guide water around the block for proper cooling !!-----Replace them.-----I have rebuilt 4 of those blocks over the winter and a few more lined up for this winter. ---Nothing new to me.

Back