Logo

Help joe reeves

JAMEST

You helped me a few years ago with rectifier/tach issue,new problem,94 e150glerv.On the way back in to the harbor my engine just died.Fuel bulb was hard,restarted and ran fine until it repeated 4 times.Got to harbor and Idled fine right up on the trailer.Checked for loose connections.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As you might know, I retired before that 1994 model was manufactured so my knowledge of its design and circuitry is zilch unless it is closely related to the older models..... My reasoning for not answering your original post.

That being said.... Do you still have proper compression (100+ psi) on all cylinders and spark that will jump a 7/16" gap with a strong blue lightning like flame on all cylinders... a real SNAP? Regardless of any problem, these questions require an answer in order to avoid going down a false trouble shooting path.

The Fuel Prime Bulb, if it was laying in a normal horizontal position... it should not have been hard (full of fuel) as the normal happening to that bulb is to have the fuel level drop down to the halfway point when the engine is underway.

If the primer bulb had a tendency to collapse, go flat... that indicates a fuel restriction at the fuel tank.

If pumping the fuel primer bulb (and the bulb DID NOT have a tendency to go flat) corrected the problem, that indicates a fuel pump problem.

If a possible ignition problem (intermitent shut down), disconnect the black/yellow wire (kill circuit) from either the ignition switch or the powerpack, whichever is easier. If disconnecing from the powerpack, Make Sure it is the wire that leads to the ignition switch..... there are several black/yellow wires (usually) at the powerpack area. If this corrects the problem, replace the ignition switch.

Note that you cannot shut down the engine via the ignition switch when that black/yellow wire is disconnected.

Let us know what you find.

OK Joe,all 6 cyls. are equal and good compression and getting a nice blue arc.
I will be checking the ignition switch and kill switch tonite.
Double checked again for any loose connections or wire rubs,etc.
Jim

Back