Logo

Looking for info on 9.5 Evinrude Sportwin

Tom Randall

I recently bought a pair of these Sportwins. One I believe is a '79 and has a model # of 9322B, and it runs like a champ. The other is very rough, doesn't run (although it isn't seized up) and will probably be used for parts. While they look almost identical other than cowl color, the beater is a model #9722B I can't find any model year info on this motor. I suspect it is an earlier model. The throttle linkage looks a little different and it was once adapted for remote stearing and throttle control. Racing maybe? Mechanically I don't imagine there is much difference, but wonder which year I should order a manual for?

Any insight or suggestions would be welcome.

They did not market the 9.5 in 1979.------------A 9322B is a 1973 model !!!-The other is a 1967 model------------Manual does not really matter , most things are the same .---73 had different reed valve set-up which is but a minor change.

Thanks for the info. I think I knew it was a '73, but spaced it when starting the message. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to fix the '67 or just keep it for parts as I originally planned. I guess it would give me something to putter around with this winter.

Back