Logo

Which oil filer

"Hi All,

Please tell me the

"Hi All,

Please tell me the correct oil filter/brand for a 1993 Yamaha 3.0L 4cyl engine.

The little manual for the engine goes into great detail on the oil - but makes no mention of the Filter!

Thanks"

"What is on it now? Should be

"What is on it now? Should be the same as a Mercruiser filter, which is basically going to be the same as a GM straight engine, like a 250 C.I.D., etc. They all cross reference to each other. Sorry I can't be more specific but I don't have my catalogs with me. Google can help, too."

i am new and really need some

i am new and really need some advice. I did my on winterizing and I think all went well. I am a little concerned about the fogging process. My motor sputtered but did not cut off because I was running out of anti freeze It did choke up quite abit but it did not stop running as suggested. hoping I will be alright.

"Hi Ralph, you posted in the w

"Hi Ralph, you posted in the wrong place.

Try again and you will allow others to see your message.

As far as fogging is concerned I would not worry about it. Others probably would disagree with this but I feel that fogging is the "icing on the cake" for winterizing - nice but not absolutely necessary.

If you are still concerned about it, remove each spark plug and shoot the fogging oil right into each cylinder. Then spin the engine over ONCE."

"..."As far as fogging is

"..."As far as fogging is concerned I would not worry about it. Others probably would disagree with this but I feel that fogging is the "icing on the cake" for winterizing - nice but not absolutely necessary."

I used to think that too, but after a recent trip to my boat I was stunned at the condensation on the motors--it was as if someone had hit them with a hose!

Jeff"

Back