Logo

over heating 1989 forester 125 hp 3.0 help

cifd342000

i hope someone can help me out. so far this is what i have done. i changes the impeller all new hoses new water housing new thermostat. the water coming in is cool but when its get's into the front the two hoses where the thermostat is are getting real hot. it takes about 2 to 3 min's before the temp go's up. what is the best way to check the mainfold or the riser to see where my problem is. i dont want to start taking everything apart if they is a better way to check my problem. :confused: thank you

I believe this is not an Evinrude/Johnson but an OMC 3.0GM inboard????
However the first spot to check is the water exit from the high riser. Remove the riser and clean out passages.

I believe this is not an Evinrude/Johnson but an OMC 3.0GM inboard????
However the first spot to check is the water exit from the high riser. Remove the riser and clean out passages.

thank you for the reply. i will check it out. i hope that's it. i am going crazy with this. this is my first boat i am still learning

sir i did what you said and one thing its called a elbow i was looking in the book and that's what it said. but any way i took it off it was rusted up and a lot of carbon bulit up so i clean it up wire brush and just below the bellows hose they is a flap inside the shaft that open and close i thing that might have been a problem to. but i put every thing back in place started the boat up ran it for 20 min at 160 deg and it stay cool. i order new parts and i am hoping that was the problem. i can't thank you enough for your help. i ask 10 people and oh god i would have went broke if i listen to them lol

Back