Logo

Yamaha Motor Mount Bolts Broken

justintaylor9

Recently when I had my 99' Yamaha 50hp 2-Stroke serviced the marine mechanic informed me that my motor mount bolts were completely gone and that the only thing holding the motor in place were two washers. He grabbed the skeg and shook it to show me how the motor was not locked in place and jiggled more than normal. He then informed me that to fix this, they would have to completely disassemble the motor and replace the bolts which would cost me a whopping 500 bucks! I have tried to research motor mount bolts but can only find the type that attach the motor to the transom. Has anybody else heard of these breaking? And can I fix this on my own? I have a large number of tools and have a great deal of experience working on mechanical components. Any help is strongly appreciated!

-Justin

Recently when I had my 99' Yamaha 50hp 2-Stroke serviced the marine mechanic informed me that my motor mount bolts were completely gone and that the only thing holding the motor in place were two washers. He grabbed the skeg and shook it to show me how the motor was not locked in place and jiggled more than normal. He then informed me that to fix this, they would have to completely disassemble the motor and replace the bolts which would cost me a whopping 500 bucks! I have tried to research motor mount bolts but can only find the type that attach the motor to the transom. Has anybody else heard of these breaking? And can I fix this on my own? I have a large number of tools and have a great deal of experience working on mechanical components. Any help is strongly appreciated!

-Justin

Justin: email me, I have a broken down view of a 90 Yamaha and you can look at it to see if that is where your problem is located. [email protected]

Back