Logo

Gearcase oil quantity

SOAPSTONEARTIST

I have looked in the manual but it doesn't tell me what viscosity or quantity of gear oil to use?
I have a 1989 120HP V4 looper engine and want to change the gear oil
Thanks
soapstoneartist

Usually about 30 ounces,----Fill from the bottom till it comes out the top !!--------Best to use a high quality marine gear oil.-----------Order it from your friendly dealer.-----------OOPS may not have a dealer way up there, in the land of the midnight sun.

Usually about 30 ounces,----Fill from the bottom till it comes out the top !!--------Best to use a high quality marine gear oil.-----------Order it from your friendly dealer.-----------OOPS may not have a dealer way up there, in the land of the midnight sun.
Thanks racerone, I couldn't remember if it was 2 10 oz tubes or 3, so now I know. The local Northwest Company (formerly Hudson Bay store) carries OMC gearcase oil so I don't have to wait and order some. I just wish there was an easier way to get it "pumped in" to the bottom of the gearcase. I use a 6 oz oil can and "pump" away! until it comes out the top hole. It usually takes 5-6 cans so that's about 30 oz.

Back