Logo

No spark

TWSERVE

I Have a Mariner 6oHP outboard engine, but have no spark:confused:. I don't know what yr my engine is can anyone tell me this from plate code 675 303253 made in Japan.
It was running fine last yr. i have payed someone to come and check it out for me and they told me i needed a new CDI unit, couldn't find one in the UK so have bought one from America, which cost me £175.00 :( rushed over to my boat to put this on and still no spark. Has anyone got any Tips of testing all the things it could be? I would appreciate any help at all as i'm really stuck as to what to do now. The boat turns over lovely but just dont have any spark, i have cleaned all Earth connections and have bought a new Kill switch, Ignition switch seems to be fine. I don't know how to test CDI and Rectifier, i can use a multimeter.

Do you have a "Kill" switch on your dash area? Many people overlook this simple switch. Just sounds like something is killing the ignition circuit. Do you have a wiring diagram for your motor setup?

-Mike

Back