Logo

yamaha 8hp

Opti-man-808
thanks for the reply
the 8hp is an back-up engine which seems to have a regulator fitted and a 2 pin socket added to the engine, I needed to find out what was included in the regulator kit, as when I am fishing the fishfinder and radio drain the battery, so I was thinking that if needed I could recharge the battery from the 8hp
my main engine is a yamaha 200hp 6 cylinder power house which can only be started with a charged battery
regards

MV. I understand your issue, but it seems to me that your better setup is to have a two battery system with a three-way battery switch - battery A, both, battery B. Battery A is your cranking battery, battery B is your deep cycle battery for powering cabin and accessories, and the 8 hp trolling motor. Switch to B when you are trolling. Switch to both when you are starting the main engine, which with that 60+ amp alternator will charge both batteries easily. I have that setup, but without the trolling motor and have never had a problem with discharging the B battery too much, even while running a mapGPS, fish finder, 2 VHF radios, a Surius XM weather receiver, and occasional use of the wash down pump.

But, again. You'll likely get a better response from the Yamaha Forum on this site.

Back