Logo

25hp to 35hp modification?

shawnfish

Regular Contributor
ive had 2 people tell me i can get 10 more hp from my 25 by changing the carb. both have same intakes,crankcase,crankshaft,pistons,leafplates but the gearcases are different. they both said those gearcases are very strong and OMC probally overbuilt them so to speak... im gonna see one of the modifications this weekend.....

possible? thoughts?

No, you will not. You did not mention mod number and year, but the max you normally will be able to get is around 30.

so do you think it would work? your the 3rd person today whos told me the gearcases are very strong. i also read that on some v 6's they moved the exhaust port a 1000th of an inch higher in the cylinder to make a 225 a 250, with the other parts the same, weird that the exhaust tubes are the same but not the housing. got me thinking about the 1 peice lower and through hub exhaust...... man i wanna slap the bigger carb on but i wanna be sure it wont hurt anything....

Shawn... Got your PM but I don't get into that modification area. My idea of modification for more hp... bigger engine :)

Back