Logo

Engine alarm (buzzer) issue

kerrlaker

Guys...need some advice.

Have a 1997 Evinrude 150 on a 18.5" Stratos. During coldmornings when you turn on the ignition switch, theengine buzzer located by my right knee starts buzzing. Even when the engine cranks up and is warm it keeps buzzing. Sometimes it quits in a few minutes, sometimes it just keeps on buzzing. During warm days it seems not to be bad but sometimes for no reason, starts to buzz! Oil tank is full and engine is using it with no problem. Smokes when first cranked and then a bit during the day at every startup. Runs fine. Can remove the buzzer and disconnect one of the leads and it stops but that does not fix the problem. Could it be one of the sensors located on the block?

A few times I've jiggled the ignition swith and it stops but comes back at a later time. A real pain in the ear!

Tks in advance for any help.:confused:

Temp sensor will give u a continous beep mAy be bad sensor
Should do single beep when key up unless something shorted in key switch
Any other problems when keying up sometime no start? Ignition stuck on?

Thanks for the responses, I'll check the temp sensor and if that is not it I'll replace the buzzer. Where on the block is that sensor?

No problem with starting, Ignition switch works fine although it does have a little wobble to it from use.

Back