Logo

2006 BF 90 3200 RPM at WOT

Ben Bush

just purchased a 18' lund with 2006 honda 90. The boat is going around 24 MPH with a 18 pitch prop and 3200 rpm at wot. I cleaned the carbs changed the plugs and still can only get 3200 rpm out of the motor. tried different prop pitches but still low rpms. at wot the carbs are all fully opened with the linkage. can anyone help me figure out this problem? Boat starts great and sounds really good but just feels like we are running at half throttle.

The 18 inch prop seems a bit large for that boat, but have no experience with it, so try a smaller prop. If you want that engine to last, then you need to get the WOT to at least 5500 +/-.

After making sure all the plugs are firing, then I would do is a good compression test - fresh batteries, all plugs removed.

Firing on all cyl?? what changes happens with what pitch prop??? How where carbs cleaned disassembled and throughly cleaned ??
It's firing on all 4 cylinders. When the carbs were disassembled and thoroughly cleaned they also got new jets installed. Not to much changed when switching pitch on the prop.

Back