Logo

Johnson 40 Horse Outboard

lavender4ever

Hello all, I am new to the site and new to outboard motors. I have one that I just got but am having trouble getting the year of it. It needs a few things and I cant find parts without the year. I have been looking to see if i can find the year myself but the only numbers I have found had letters in them, this one is J3025814. I assumed from what i read that the J means johnson, but after that I have been striking out. Any help would be great. The hood says 40 horse electric if that helps.
Thank you all in advance.

Sounds like a motor from the 60's-----------Post a picture of it or look on -------------the old omc -----website , it has pictures of almost all the catalogues from the factory.-----Model # is required , not the serial #----model # is usually found above the transom clamps / bracket.

There is no tag at the clamps. I looked because someone else said to check the tag too. Here is a picture of it.

Thank you

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2_27.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_27.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 43
  • imagejpeg_2_28.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_28.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 49
There is no tag at the clamps. I looked because someone else said to check the tag too. Here is a picture of it.

Thank you

lol i seen your ad on craigslist...i have the same exact looking motor and mine is a 1969...there is a plate on there where your hand is in the first picture i believe...take a couple more pictures of that area or if you see the sliver plate take a picture of that and ill let you know what year it is...but i have the same exact one...and mines a 1969.

Back