Logo

A series duoprops for diesel

dugggy

Hi Guys.
Just after some opinions regarding a set of props for a 290dp behind a Cummins 8.3L N/A diesel.210hp @3300 rpm max.Drive is 1.65 ratio.Total weight is around 6300lbs. Fitted to a custom solid glass 26 footer flopped off an F233, slightly extended transom and increased free board.
Drive was originally a 290sp 1.61 and had no prop.I have just swapped on a DP lower and need to get a set of props as a baseline to get it into the water and work from there.
My thoughts are a set of A4's to A6's.

Closest I have found is a guy in Hawaii with a Formula 233 with a Volvo Penta AqAd41A 200hp @ 3800rpm.He is using A4's, however from the specs I can find the Volvo while turboed is only 3.6L and way down on torque compared with the Cummins.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

Beg, borrow or steal set of A4 or B4 props, and try them on with boat fully loaded (as you intend to use it most of the time) and see how close you get to 3300rpm, and @ what speed. From there you will know exactly how much to increase or lower the pitch. Unfortunately that is the only way, there is no exact chart since all the variables are way to complex. A/B 4 is the best all-around propset for testing

Back