Logo

no power 1975 johnson 25 hp

Most " carburetor trouble " turns out to be something else.-------------Start with a compression test.------Then check to see if there is spark on both cylinders that will jump a gap of 1/4" or better.----------------Sounds as though it may be running on one cylinder.---------Could be as simple as a bad sparkplug too.

The driver coil under the flywheel may be bad.------What do the 2 external coils look like ??---Are the points clean ??---

The driver coil under the flywheel may be bad.------What do the 2 external coils look like ??---Are the points clean ??---If carburetor opens too soon a motor that idles perfectly will stall every time when you try to speed up.----------Have you tried opening the low speed mixture needle to try to get rid of the stumble ??

I have good spark,pulled carb back off float wasn't level.Tried again now it runs but at wide open sounds like it's flooding out. Did I go too far with the float ? Also I don't have the 2 external coils the others look to be fine,points are clean and gaped at .020

Back