Logo

johnson water pump spacer?

shawnfish

Regular Contributor
was looking at my service manual 1980 25 and 35hp johnson( J25RCS) and its showing a spacer that has two O -rings
that sits on top of the pump. i know mine dont have this can someone explain?

was looking at my service manual 1980 25 and 35hp johnson( J25RCS) and its showing a spacer that has two O -rings
that sits on top of the pump. i know mine dont have this can someone explain?

No actually, have you looked this site for parts that model?

Outboard engine parts at the top of the login page?

after looking up the exhaust housing now i have another question, what can i use to clean all the gunk out of there? and is there really no gasket/seal between the exahaust housing and the lower?

Last edited:
No gasket is needed between gearcase and exhaust housing.-----------Motors in the early 50's had a gasket in there.

No gasket is needed between gearcase and exhaust housing.-----------Motors in the early 50's had a gasket in there.

does it have someting to do with the fact theres just exhaust in there and dont need sealed because it already has exhaust holes? and thanks for the reply...

There is no need for a gasket.------------Parts are precisely machined ( to keep lower unit and engine lined up ) -----so they seal adequately without a gasket.

What ??????????-----Skeg is sealed to keep oil in and water out I would think.

sorry i meant why is there a seal between skeg and bottom of the lower? it looks machined same as top and bottom of lower and bottom of exhaust where there is no need for one....

This is really simple , too simple in fact.-------------------------If a bit of water and exhaust leak out where the lower unit and exhaust housing join it will not cost you a cent !!--------------If oil leaks out of the lower unit it will cost you big time !!-----------End of the tutorial session !

This is really simple , too simple in fact.-------------------------If a bit of water and exhaust leak out where the lower unit and exhaust housing join it will not cost you a cent !!--------------If oil leaks out of the lower unit it will cost you big time !!-----------End of the tutorial session !

if your gonna get pissed about answering questions then you must like being mad all the time, you do have over 5,000 posts..i dont wanna piss ya off any more so just dont post when i start a thread please... i mean really? a simple yes to post #8 would have ended your agony a lot easier then shooting your blood pressure through the roof.

Geeeeez, I'm glad I read this thread. I can see where Racerone would get pissed. He would have been better off talking to the wall. Better replies !!!

Back