Logo

J140tlcte Power Head Assembly I SCREWED UP!!

I got this hEAD BACK TOBETHER AND NOW I DONT HAVE ANY COMPRESSION/VACUUM to drive THE FUEL PUMP. I have good compression on #4 cyl. I guess I got gel seal in the passageway. I'm not sure exactly what route this passage takes. Any body ever done this and can i fix it without breaking crankcase back apart. If crankcase must be split i would prally put an electric pump on it. Any thughts on my screw up will be very appreciated.

If you got it jammed up with gel seal then you put way too much on the halves. Gel seal usually does not jam up a hole as large as the one that drives the fuel pump. My suggestion is to ensure you have the pistons oriented in the correct positions. Run a small pick through the hole and into the engine, gel seal will wash away with the fuel and oil when the engine is run. You won't hurt anything with the pick, unless you hit it with a hammer!

First of all, why would you remove only one piston? I don't like to cut corners with rebuilds myself.

The same still holds true. You used way to much gel seal if the hole is clogged by it. Did you try to carefully poke through the hole for the pump?

If the piston is in correctly it is making compression for the pump. The only other cause, other than blockage, may be the reeds on that cylinder. They hold the compression in the crankcase when the piston comes down. Check them.

I only removed one piston because i only broke one piston. Hole was not plugged. I just installed the fuel lines backwards on the pump. Runs great so far with just replacing the one piston with new rings on that cyl.

Yup I was sitting on the couch and it just hit me that i hadnt even looked to see if the lines where installed correctly. I had taken pics and was to dumb to look at them while i reinstalled the pump. Like I said. IT AIN'T EASY!!!

Back