Logo

95 Johnson 150 Faststrike bogging down after warming up

Auav8r

I have a 95 Johnson 150 faststrike that was running great. After I decarbed it using sea foam, it runs great at first but as soon as it warms up, I shut it down and let it sit a few minutes, it will start and idle fine but as soon as I put it in gear and try to take off, it will spit and sputter before dying. It will rev up just fine when not in gear but as soon as it gets a load it boggs out. If I prime the bulb it seems to help and once it gets to about 2000rpm it runs great. I do not have an inline 10 micron filter installed yet but I plan on it as soon as I find out what is going on. I have seen many people with the same problem online but no answers. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

We saw one of these do just that and it turned out to be an Ethanol problem... Motor ran fine on Non ethanol fuel... Customer insists on running E10 so we rejetted with next size up jets and all is fine...
Now... your case... First compression test engine.. Then spark test... If Ok.. Run engine to point of spit and sputter.. press key in to choke.. If engine goes with the choke, clean carbs..esp main jets...

Back