Logo

Suzuki versus All the Other 9.9 4 strokes

J2Boat

It seems I can get electric start and tilt in a 9.9 4 stroke at a much more acceptable price then Honda, Yamaha and the rest that represent Mercury. How good are these Suzuki's? How easy is it to find dealers and support throughtout the country. If I have a part go bad while I'm fishing the Columbia River how easy is it to find a dealer to help me replace it? How easy is it to find someone to service it?

Thanks

They're good enough that Evinrude puts their name on the smaller 4 strokes they sell. The website has a dealer locator if you want to look for service centers.

In North America it can be hard to find experienced service personel / parts.------------Great motors when they run !!---------With the recent down turn in the economy many service oriented places have closed up.

Besides my fuel injector business, I run the service department for a big marina. We are a dealer and service three makes of outboards. Yamaha, Suzuki, and Mercury. As far as the small carburated outboards, Yamaha is the best out of the three. We have a lot of problems with the Suzuki carbs. due to the ethynol and our EPA requirements in CT. Maybe the motors are better in Columbia. As far as parts and customer service with American Suzuki, it's almost non exsistant. Even as a dealer, it's dificult. Remember, this is just how it is in North America, There are different distributors for different countries and they are not affiliated with each other, so maybe in your country it's different.

Back