Logo

Joe Reeves timing is that also for loopers

mokaction

Regular Contributor
"Joe,

is - 4 also for loope

"Joe,

is - 4 also for loopers or only for crossflows?? so if it is 18 then I would do 14 with my looper 225??

Larry"

It doesn't matter whether

It doesn't matter whether the engine is a crossflow or a looper engint BUT you can only use that timing tactic if your engine DOES NOT have the Fast Start feature.

"That engine is 1987 model, a

"That engine is 1987 model, and I'm pretty sure it does not have the fast start feature (got a memory lock up at the moment). Someone will jump in here who knows for sure."

Thx. I didn't see any thin

Thx. I didn't see any thing in the manual regarding that fast start. So I think I am ok..
Thanks again for all the help Joe..

Joe

check out the specs to

Joe

check out the specs to my motor looks like fast start started in 88 with the newer single type power pack..

Also I will be on your list if my motor blows.

So do you think it is wiser to rebuild this old motor rather then purchase a new one?

Larry

"To rebuild properly, restorin

"To rebuild properly, restoring a engine to new condition vs the difference in $$$$ to purchase a new engine would be an economical decision. That would need to be your decision alone."

"Joe,

That was a good answ

"Joe,

That was a good answer. I like my old 2 stroke, hope to get it running this weekend. I plan on having it for about 5 years. Then will finance a new one once this one dies, but knowing me I will have it for another 10 year. ;)

Larry"

Back