Logo

94 150 evinrude wont start

nthelord

"I went out last saturday and

"I went out last saturday and it took a while to get it started. it was turning over very slowly like somethin was trying to catch but was missing. I was too alarmed to fish so i drove around for a few minutes and everything seemed to be ok. then i came back to the dock, shut it down, waited about 3 minutes and tried to crank it up and it started dragging, slower and slower.Then about the 5th crank it decided not to do anything. I could just hear the click(spark). If anybody can give me any info as to what its likely that ill be looking to get replaced(fixed) it would be greatly appreciated."

"check battery, starter soleno

"check battery, starter solenoid, then starter. Also look for loose wires. That always seems like the culprit.

Larry"

"u need to check battery first

"u need to check battery first!
then do a voltage drop test
most mis-diagnosis slow starting engines are a bad battery!

i have heard horror stories from a new powerhead to a bad crank, and all it was, THE BATTERY!"

"Thanks for the info. When u s

"Thanks for the info. When u say check the battery, Can i go by the reading on the charger or my gps/sonar?"

no u need a battery load teste

no u need a battery load tester
take it a kragen/pep boys/napa and have them do it for free

"Got a new battery and checked

"Got a new battery and checked all wiring. Still couldnt get it to start. it tried to turnover then it got real weak, then it would only click when i turned the key over. So, is it on to the starter? thanks, in advance."

sounds like too much amp draw

sounds like too much amp draw from starter

what is the mca marine cranking amps of battery?

i would pull starter and see how much a test would be vs test/rebuild

"Take a voltmeter and measure

"Take a voltmeter and measure 1:at battery, 2: at starter solenoid 'in', 3: At starter solenoid 'out' when crancking. If the voltage drops below 9,5 volts at battery: battery probably too small. If drops at solenoid 'out' probably burned solenoid. If down to around 10 all places, burned starter."

Back