Logo

zuki DF70 not peeing.

RLS1984

When starting up this season, we had no water coming out the pilot hole.
Opened up and replaced impeller. Afterwards there was no change. We use a "clamp" over the water intake, connectet to the water hose. When enine is running, water comes out of multiple holes around on the lower housing! :confused: Seems the pump is making pressure outside of the waterpump housing?? What could be causing this? And if anyone has a drawing with item or part numbers on it, that would be great!

By the way, i have blown air through the pilot hole canal and there is no obstruction causing it not to pee.

When starting up this season, we had no water coming out the pilot hole.
Opened up and replaced impeller. Afterwards there was no change. We use a "clamp" over the water intake, connectet to the water hose. When enine is running, water comes out of multiple holes around on the lower housing! :confused: Seems the pump is making pressure outside of the waterpump housing?? What could be causing this? And if anyone has a drawing with item or part numbers on it, that would be great!

By the way, i have blown air through the pilot hole canal and there is no obstruction causing it not to pee.

Make sure you have adequate water pressure with the ear muffs Suzuki's need good water pressure,
all of the other water passages will work except the pee hole, crank up the water!

Another place to look for blockage is at the thermostat, remove the thermostat clean around it I once sucked up some schrimp and they clogged at the thermostat. Try running without the thermostat this should allow for full cooling flow! While the thermostat is out place it in a pan of water heat up the water measure temp with food/candy/cooking thermometer and check to see if it opens at the correct temperature, replace if it is not working correctly!

Test it in the lake.------------Some motors just do not have a lot of water coming out the " pee hole "--too much air gets in when on a hose.

Back