Logo

Suzuki power trim relay fault how do I test?

Luk

Hi wonder if any1 could help,

I have a '91 Suzuki dt 140, with a ptt fault.

I believe I have the L model where the design was changed to the 2 wire type (green & blue ).

The pump/motor was replaced last year with a new model and was working fine last season.

When I tried starting the engine this season i had noticed the ptt switch on the side of the engine was faulty ( ptt motor winding when not pressed) also the battery was flat so I have now replaced the battery.

I could hear the ptt pump working but no movement.

There was a faulty main fuse holder which was causing problems with starting the engine , which I have now also replaced , engine now starts and runs fine.

My next job was to top up & bleed the pump unit with oil but since fixing the electrical fault The ptt unit is not working at all, no noise from pump/ motor & no clicking from the relays.

I have disconnected the bad switch on the side of the engine and tested the ptt switch on the throttle ( which is giving 12v on pink when pressed down & 12v on blue when pressed up) which looks like it is testing out fine.

I have tested voltage on the out going side of the relays and both have 12v present to ground with tilt switch not pressed. ( is this correct?)

I have tryed re-connecting the faulty switch and I do hear some kind of faint clicking from 1 of the relays but still no action.

Wonder if the electrical fault that I have now fixed has caused the relays to pack up?

How do I properly test the relays to see if they are at fault?

All other wire connections look to be in good order

I would really appreciate any feed back

Regards

Luke

Back