Logo

Gas is not continuously and idle is going down after few time

viktormoto

Hi everyone, I have a engine 1996 Honda BF25 on RIBS 4 meters. The motor starts well. However, even after it is well warmed up, whenever I try to accelerate from idle up to speed the motor gets sluggish and stutters. So, I back off the throttle and slowly baby it until I get up to speed. The idle is also not ok. After few time idle going down and engine stops.Engine has an irregular idle operation. Filter is replace, carbs are many times clean. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Viktor

Is this something that started suddenly or did the fault develop over a long time ??---------------It sure sounds like classic symptoms of blockage in the carburetors.-----------Small passage ways in Honda carburetors are often missed in the cleaning process.

The hole in the gas is already from the beginning I bought the engine from the other years. It's been 9 years. The second error of the soul is idle for about 3 years.

Your motor is about 4000 KM away , if you keep at it you will find out what is wrong with it.---You could check valve clearances.-----My bet is dirt in the carburetors.----Not uncommon for owners to have to clean them multiple times to get it " right "

Hi, have a question. I have a 5hp honda with gas coming out of a small port on top-right side of the carb after it starts. It has done it after three consecutive start/stop cycles. I think it is the float that is stuck. Is this hard to adjust? Any feed back would really help!
Thankyou, Henry

Back