Logo

Sears simpson motor model 57459660

M

MR Johnson

"could anyone give me some bas

"could anyone give me some basic info. about this motor. it's a sears simpson(canadian mfg.)outboard, model:574-59660. thanks very much.

mike johnson
[email protected]"

"I have a Ted Williams outbard

"I have a Ted Williams outbard,model:574-59950.If anyone could give me the basic info. on this motor it would be nice.Thanks"

"You have a 1967, air cooled 4

"You have a 1967, air cooled 4 horse motor. It was built by McCulloch and marketed through Sears under their Elgin model name, with this particular one being part of the their Ted Williams line.

There is still normal maintenance parts available for these from a number of souces (plugs/carb kits etc).

This being an aircooled engine, I believe you should be mixing gas/oil at 25:1 - and not normal 2 stroke outboard oil, I believe they would call for general 2 cycle oil, such as used in a chainsaw or lawnmower..."

"I have a Simpson Sears canadi

"I have a Simpson Sears canadian model#574-59841 and have been trying to I.D. the size, year and
true manufacturer in hopes of finding a replacement carb or carb body(stripped threads holding the bowl in place). It would be terrific if someone could help me out. Thanks"

"Jon, that is a 1969, air-cool

"Jon, that is a 1969, air-cooled, single cylinder, 4 horse built for Sears (Canada - formerly Simpson's Sears) by McCulloch.

McCulloch sold out a few years back to MTD (who makes all kinds of small engine stuff). Some, but not all of the patents went with the sale.

You could try taking the carb to a small engine place to see if they can find something that will cross match or fit or you may try finding a machine shop that could try and fix your issue.

Some parts for your motor are available possibly on this site. Andrew who runs this site stocks some McCulloch parts, but a whole carb may take a bit of looking..."

"sanfordsgoodies.com has used

"sanfordsgoodies.com has used parts,just ask"

"I have a ELGIN-SKIPPER labell

"I have a ELGIN-SKIPPER labelled Mod C945,59040 Ser 640087 Marked (Simpson) I believe supplied from Canada Retailer, Can anyone help me to identify Mfg -age and if it is air cooled. Mix stated 1/2 pint. to 1 gal. Casting # 4222437 and T 634-02
No shifter"

Just looking for a manual for

Just looking for a manual for a Sears Model 574-59950 outboard motor

"I also have a sears motor tha

"I also have a sears motor that I could not identify, Model #574-59840, untill now, thx for the help, glad I found the site, and my 4hp runs very strong. Its still a great little motor."

looking for parts for a sears

looking for parts for a sears simpson #582-59500 carb parts

looking for parts for a sears

looking for parts for a sears simpson #582-59500 carb parts 3.5 hp

"What you have is a 1965 Simps

"What you have is a 1965 Simpson Sears (Canada) model built by Clinton.

Clinton made the 3.5 horse especially for Sears and so no direct cross reference to one of their own branded motors is possible (at least in these model years).

It may have the same components as Clinton's model J350 (early 70's), but there is little to no documentation on these motors that I can look up and say for sure.

While Clinton produced this model for Sears in Canada, they never produced it for Sears in the U.S., possibly due to the fact that they were cranking out engines for Mongomery Wards - Sears competition. That made this model extremely rare (but I didn't say valuable - it's still just a little air cooled generic motor worth 20-50 bucks).

Your best bet may be to pull the carb and take it into a local small engine shop. Either a Briggs or Tecumseh dealer (if they are helpful/patient) may be able to find some parts to help you out..."

i also have the sears boat mot

i also have the sears boat motor 574-59660.the linkage is gone from the carb. to the slide dial that controls the timing it has been repainted so i dont know where to set the dial to get it to idle.can anyone help me? if i had a picture of the motor and the carb it might help. thanks..

have a sears motor as well mod

have a sears motor as well model 582 6091 084816 could anyone tell me a little more about it and how to obtain an owners manual. may be a dumb question but does it take mix gas or reg gas
Thanks
Phisherman31

"Ted, that is a 1967 Clinton b

"Ted, that is a 1967 Clinton built 3.5 horse. I may have an owners manual on computer - will have a dig around and see if I can find it for that particular model."

i guess the main reason i want

i guess the main reason i wanted the owners manual is i don't know how to adjust the lean/ rich adjustments and don't want to harm the engine. if someone can give me a good explination on how to do so i would really appreciate it. thanks alot graham for that knowledge. would still be lost if it wasn't for you
thanks
Ted

i have a simpson sears 3.5 elg

i have a simpson sears 3.5 elgin outboard model # is c571 593441 serial # is 593441.1104 does anybody no what year this is ? and also i have no spark how do i fix that

1965 made by West Bend Cl

1965 made by West Bend Clean or replace the points and check for a cracked coils. If the coils plastic housing is cracked replace the coil.

I have a Sears 14.1 HP boat mo

I have a Sears 14.1 HP boat motor I just bought. The model number is 574-60130 and I was wondering who manufactured this and where I could find a general repair manual? Was type of gas connector do I need? Thanks for the responses.

Made by McCulloch in 1961. Sc

Made by McCulloch in 1961. Scott McCulloch number 61601210 shows a 14.1 with an Elgin (Sears) matching 574-60130. Try discount-marine-parts.com/index.html for a manual. Not sure about the fuel fitting. You may have to find a set and replace both sides. Try a search on this site for fuel fittings.

Re: "I have a ELGIN-SKIPPER labell

"I have a ELGIN-SKIPPER labelled Mod C945,59040 Ser 640087 Marked (Simpson) I believe supplied from Canada Retailer, Can anyone help me to identify Mfg -age and if it is air cooled. Mix stated 1/2 pint. to 1 gal. Casting # 4222437 and T 634-02
No shifter"

It looks like we have the same outboard and I have made a lot of search through the internet to get my answers. Unfortunately, my outboar doesn't have the Model and serial numbers like yours (where did you get that info? Is it on a sticker?). Howerver, there is a metal tag on the engine which bears similar numbers (i.e.: T-634-02 4222575).
I found a similar outboard on youtube, it's called "Golden Jet 400" (4 hp) and is made by Eska. Looking through Eska outboard pages, I found that it is a Tecumseh engine and the T-634-02 means it is a Tecumseh engine (This is what the T means), it's a 1963 (next two digits), 4 hp (3rd digit)...
See http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_eska_1.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_10032300_tell-year-make-sears-outboard-motors.html
http://www.yankeeaomci.org/feature_outboard-2.htm
http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_elgin_4.html
http://www.elginoutboards.org/elgin1959to63.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcvYQZbVE9g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV35FO_aFiE

Hope this help!! ;)

I know Eska did some outboards for Sears (Elgin) in the 1960's but I'm not sure exactly when? Any more info that you may have found through the years is more than welcome. That will help me to know exactly where my outboard came from and to get the right manuals and spare parts. Thanks!

Back