Logo

water odor

What you are smelling is hydrogen sulfide gas. The gas is produced by sulfate-reducing bacteria in the water. Drain ,clean and sanitize your system.

the water in some of these waterfront places and sometimes even small towns treat that water and that is the result...a couple tips when you fill up your tanks:let the water run before filling to get rid of any water in the supply lines that may be stagnant or exposed to the sun...heat aggravates this smell and makes it worse..the 2nd thing is the type of hose you use to feed your boat...rubber hose will give a smell to your water....black rubber hose and sun dont mix...the white rv hose works well but it has ribs inside it and almost impossible to splice fittings on without a eventual leak...been there and went thru all that...thats a bad smell when you go to your boat and the water has been in the tank and you run the faucet....

I found that the gray flexible pipe work the best, You flare the hose that uses fittings to connect. flush system and replace hosing and they make a neutralizer for the water to be used once a month.

I have learned to shock my water sytem at the begining of each season, by doing so the water in my tank stays fresh as long as 6 weeks. To shock the sytem I put ten gallons of water in tank, (while hot water heater is still bypassed), and add a quart of bleach. I cycle my pump until I get bleach water out of every fuacet. Leave in system only over night and then drain and flush. Connect hot water heater and fill your tank. Caution don't leave bleach in lines to long it is very caustic, and can damage fittings faucets and lines.

I have learned to shock my water sytem at the begining of each season, by doing so the water in my tank stays fresh as long as 6 weeks. To shock the sytem I put ten gallons of water in tank, (while hot water heater is still bypassed), and add a quart of bleach. I cycle my pump until I get bleach water out of every fuacet. Leave in system only over night and then drain and flush. Connect hot water heater and fill your tank. Caution don't leave bleach in lines to long it is very caustic, and can damage fittings faucets and lines.

Can bleach remove all the unwanted threads within a tank?
I'm not satisfy to this tips, have any thing else...?

Go to an RV dealer and buy a jug of " tank fresh " after you do the bleach treatment to kill any live growth in your system. Instructions are on the tank fresh container, works great, leaves your water system like new.

Back