Logo

Yamaha f60 03

iceknight66

Contributing Member
Hi all,I currently have a f60 yamaha carby model, during the week i rolled the boat on a bar and the engine was submerged, Since recovering the engine ive washed and flushed it, run the motor for some time, all sounds good except for im dropping spark on the bottom outlet of the top coil and the bottom outlet of the lower coil.

Does anyone have an electrical test for these engines so i can test all the ignition componets for replacement?

Anyhelp would be greatly appricated.

Cheers.

"Submerged engine" is BAD. Salt Water or Fresh Water? Please say Fresh Water! If it was Salt Water you have to tear everything apart sooner than later to get that dried salt out of it everywhere before it starts eating away at everything.

Re submerged it in fresh water, run the engine for a coupla hours, Just need to do an electrical test to work out why im dropping spark on two cylinders then i can rectify this problem and go for a good run....

Tried googling, Found a place to pay to download it, Payed and now the link wont work and dont seem to get a reply, Is there anywhere else I can get the specs for the electrical test? No dealer here in aus can even seem to sell me a manual for this engine. Someone out there must have a manual?

Cheers.

Back