Logo

Sea Ray sliding window seals deteriorated.

Helisol

I have an 84 34' Sedan Flybridge and the (felt?) seals that the windows slide in are shot.
One area is so bad it is starting to allow rain into the salon.
I'm not even sure how to remove the windows.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem in my 1973 luhrs. On mines I have to remove the inner frame then the window can be pulled. I have yet to find replacement seals.

I have an 84 34' Sedan Flybridge and the (felt?) seals that the windows slide in are shot.
One area is so bad it is starting to allow rain into the salon.
I'm not even sure how to remove the windows.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 1985 Sea Ray 268 Weekender (bought just over a year ago and I knew nothing of boats like this). Anyway I too have this issue with the felt seals. My windows were made by Taylor Made and I contacted them. Good News...they have the seal! This is the sample that they sent me and it's the right one! Is this what you are looking for? If so, the material is NOT cheap at $5.10/ft from Taylor Made. I'm still looking for another supplier. Taylor Made sent me the actual print from the original manufacturer, but they have said that they don't make this item. My guess is they sold the tool to another vendor. BTW: My job is to estimate parts...this should be about $0.60/ft! Quite the markup.

Any help in finding another source would be great. I'm stressed at spending $250 on this stuff.

IMAG0551.jpg

I have a 1985 Sea Ray 268 Weekender (bought just over a year ago and I knew nothing of boats like this). Anyway I too have this issue with the felt seals. My windows were made by Taylor Made and I contacted them. Good News...they have the seal! This is the sample that they sent me and it's the right one! Is this what you are looking for? If so, the material is NOT cheap at $5.10/ft from Taylor Made. I'm still looking for another supplier. Taylor Made sent me the actual print from the original manufacturer, but they have said that they don't make this item. My guess is they sold the tool to another vendor. BTW: My job is to estimate parts...this should be about $0.60/ft! Quite the markup.

Any help in finding another source would be great. I'm stressed at spending $250 on this stuff.

View attachment 5678

Further update. I was able to get the pricing reduced to 3.50/ft, and I also found that they carry the outer and inner seals for the windows as well at about $1.50/ft. Total needed is about 50' total for each item.

Taylor Produced dispatched us the exact printing through the first supplier, however they get mentioned them to never make this object. My personal think will be many people distributed the tool to a different vendor.

Back