Logo

My endless search for a Mercruiser VST

kyle263611

I have been looking for a vapor separator tank (VST) for our harris pontoon boat with a 262 magnum mercruiser, but have had no luck even finding it in stock anywhere. Does anyone know where I might find one or have any hookups (or any blown engines that don't need a VST?)
Mercruiser part: 806643A5
I need the whole VST and the fuel pump assembly, the boat was a recovered wreckage that hadn't sunk yet, but the VST was no where to be found!
My other alternative is finding some writeup on how to bypass the VST/fuel pump to make my engine functional again. Can anyone assist?

You won't find one in stock as they are NLA...if you did, you surely wouldn't want to pay for it.

I'd suggest you go with an aftermarket pump. Depending upon the specific fuel injection setup you have, you may be able to configure it as a return system by adding some hose and a fitting to the tank. Do you have any local "performance boat shops" in the area? Any marine salvage yards? you may also look into a newer setup and just adapt it to your block.

Whatever way you go, make sure you use MARINE rated fuel system components...one area not to go cheap on.

Back