Logo

My 115 Yamaha Starts but Wonbt Idleplease help

fishbones

"Hi all,

My 2002 Yamaha 115

"Hi all,

My 2002 Yamaha 115hp has been totally reliable, until yesterday. I had it in the garage for a month, and thought I'd pull it out and start it with the garden hose attached. It just wouldn't start (unusual), so I decided to pull the choke out at the front of the motor. It started right away. I turned it off, then went back and pushed in the choke. When I start it now, it revs up out of control, and either stalls, or I shut it off for fear of blowing it up. I've tried it for the last 24 hours, but it just keeps starting and going ballistic. Does anyone have any ideas? I think it must be a choke problem considering that's the only thing different I did. THanks in advance for your time.

Greg"

Hi Greg
Yamaha is not my spec

Hi Greg
Yamaha is not my speciality but I think you would like a little more assistance. Because the motor is not doing any work when running out of the water it is easy for it to rev up. Check the carburetor linkages are freely moving and that all the carbs are fully closed with the throttle set at idle. ( i'd bet heavily on this) If one of them is stuck a little open it will cause the problems you describe. Let us know what u see and then we will take a look at the fuel pump.
good luck

Back