Logo

tamd 41a blowby

goody

Regular Contributor
Blowby i was wondering if there is a o ring that might of let go on crank case breather tube i'm getting oil coming out under filter thanks

Last edited:
i took oil fill cap off i didn't feel any pressure on my hand wondering if there is o ring or gasket on crank case breather that might iof let go thanks

The breather canister is not a sealed unit, so by definition it leaks air. Ask why there is oil leaking... Does it leak at idle, probably not, then it makes little sense to check at the fill cap at the dock at idle... if you agree... then to trace the problem you need to SEE what is going on with the valve cover (s) removed. The link I posted explains what to look for. If you get leakage during rough sea-state vs calm water conditions while WOT under load, then that adds to oil pooling evidence.
In the end I added Racors and upgraded the valve cover to the P style and piped the gases into the filter. I fixed my problem, so my Racors are clean, thats another discussion, so suggest if you go this route, you dump the expelled oil into a bottle and see whats going on till you find the root cause of this leak. Not sure I would keep calling it blow by without confirming compression failure. Check cheap and simple first, especially if this just happened. Also ask yourself if something changed during maintenance or if the engine got over heated, etc.

last season the eng. did over heat had a bad head gasket i shutdown when i got alarm the oil is pooling up under breather hope it is just a leak i'll look at it when i'm off thanks

Back