Logo

Yamaha 350's Command Link problem

coastal6

I have twin 350's with about 265 hours apiece on them. I recently had an alarm start going off in the main control box. It is a two second beep:

• When the starboard key is on and when the boat is started and in neutral, it is beeping.
  • It goes off when the shifter is placed in gear, either direction, engine running or not.
  • It is coming out of the shift control box at main station.
  • There were no issues with the motor before this started.

Other symptoms:

There are no numbers or engine readings on the gauge when starboard engine is running. The gauge lights up, has WELCOME and goes to all the pages when prompted, but there are no engine readings on the gauge. The topics and baseline stuff is there. (I hooked the engine up to the port gauge and same thing.)

When the port engine is running, its info shows up on both gauges.

I have inspected all the plugs and connectors. They were found to be clean and dry.

I cleaned all battery connections including grounds. The two main engine batteries have negative terminals connected together.

Batteries have good voltage 13.8 - 14.3.

I hope someone has an idea what is happening. I am checking basic things and looking for advice before the tech comes to town next week to look at it. It will help very much to hear from someone familiar with these controls

Thank you!

Greg C.

Check your owners manual for the guages. It sounds as if the guage that is not showing info does not have a engine number assigned to it. If it is the stbd engine in a twin setup, the number should be 2.

Back