Logo

2000 4 stroke 40 bogs down out of the hole. carb adjustments????

Carbs are clean(dipped and blown out) it bogs down unless you feather the throttle out of the hole, it runs fine at all speeds after that. it also bogs down when in neutral and you try to wrap out the throttle then it catches up and wrapps out.

Did you use a manometer to balance the carbs after the rebuilds? If you cleaned the carbs, bolted them back on with no other steps, I would say they do not sound balanced.

If it idles smoothly you are probably balanced okay. Those carbs have accelerator pumps in the float bowls and the pistons get stuck or the check valves stick. They need to be verified. Also if you are over propped those carbureted motors won't breath and will bog on acceleration. Obviously not an issue in neutral.

BS, an engine that is not balanced can idle all day long perfectly. When you apply throttle it will bog down. If you have not verified the cylinder balance then you are shooting craps. I rebuild 4 stroke carbs all day long and I make sure to verify the balance every rebuild. That comes from hard experience.

Back