Logo

4 Blade Prop for 2 strokes

I have a 2006 50hp 2stroke Yamaha on a 17' Carolina Skiff. It was done a great job so far, but I have added a much larger livewell. With a full well and 4 people it takes me forever to get on plane.

I was wondering how much difference a 4 blade prop would make? I know they help with holeshot, and gettin on plane and being on plane at lower speeds.

What brand, pitch ect... would be the best?

Any input would be appreciated.

THANKS!!!

Brand and material would be your choice, but any brand name maufacturer should be fine. As far as pitch is concerned, you should probably go lower then what you now have. If you go to the same pitch your engine top rpm will drop about 100rpm. The main thing is to get a propeller that will allow you to reach the recommended full throttle RPM. In your case and with all the extra weight you have added, you will certainly notice a drop in speed in order to reach the recommended rpm with a suitable prop.

Let us know what pitch and Dia. you are turning and we can make recommendations.Sounds like you may need to go to the next lower pitch which may be 2".There is nothing wrong with 4 blade props if your pitch allows the motor to turn 6000 rpms or 200-300rpms less than.

Back