Logo

kOHLER 7.5

marko56

Have a kohler 7.5 1979 model starts runs great for 45 min then shuts down to idle shut off restart it idles will not open up gould this be the choke?

I believe that motor has both a low oil sensor switch and an over heat sensor. Check your oil level and make sure it's good. Then find the sensor and check the connections. Do the same for the overheat sensor.

i believe that motor has both a low oil sensor switch and an over heat sensor. Check your oil level and make sure it's good. Then find the sensor and check the connections. Do the same for the overheat sensor.

checked both also have a temp gun not running hot. It will run for 45 min to an hour the goes to idle

I don't know much about that specific generator, and its seems like no one else has kicked in. Almost all of those sensors can be tested with an ohm meter or voltage meter, but you need to find the specifications. Try searching the manufacturers site or the web in general. In the meantime, when it goes to idle, try disconnecting the low oil sensor. I that doeasn't help, reconnect that and disconnect the overheat sensor, to see if that helps.

Back