Logo

Boat Tracking

HBMSkip

I have an 18 ft simi-vee center console with a 90 Yahama. Everthing works great except that at mid-range speeds the boat pulls hard to the left. It does not do this a low speed or full throttle. Suggestions?

when you bring the boat out of the hole and get on a plane does it pull then?.....you want to adjust it where it does not pull at your normal cruising speed or from there to max speed....on some boats you have to decide where you want the no pull condition....some boats will pull to the right at low speed when adjusted correctly for the upper running speeds.......

what you dont want is a boat that will veer (normally to the right) if for any reason you take your hands off the tiller or wheel....and that is going to happen......you hit something or something happens in the boat and you react...

when you say anonde i assume you are talking about the torque trim tab right above the prop.....you will probably have to remove a little cap to get a wrench on the other end of the bold that holds it in position...

If you are pulling to the right move your Anode fin to the same side it is pulling to. I know that seems backwards but trust me.The little rubber quadrangle pops out and take a 12mm soket on a 3" extention loosen 1/2 turn then move it and tighten her up and don't be Bashful.

Back