Logo

1999 40hp wont get on plane

While on a fishing trip my boat lost power to the point where it would not even stay on plane. When i arrived home I inspected the engine to find that I was loseing fuel while the engine was trimmed all the way up. After a visual inspection I found a bad gasket on the fuel filter that was pouring fuel when I primmed the bulb. After I replaced the filter and gasket, I hit the water again and I still dont have power. It starts and idels fine but it has no power. Also it is still leaking when the engine is trimmed up. any ideas? I replaced all the fuel lines last summer. The engine might have 150 hrs, It sat for most of its life before I got my hands on it. Any help would be great, or maybe post a link to a previous thread.

While on a fishing trip my boat lost power to the point where it would not even stay on plane. When i arrived home I inspected the engine to find that I was loseing fuel while the engine was trimmed all the way up. After a visual inspection I found a bad gasket on the fuel filter that was pouring fuel when I primmed the bulb. After I replaced the filter and gasket, I hit the water again and I still dont have power. It starts and idels fine but it has no power. Also it is still leaking when the engine is trimmed up. any ideas? I replaced all the fuel lines last summer. The engine might have 150 hrs, It sat for most of its life before I got my hands on it. Any help would be great, or maybe post a link to a previous thread.
Get new fuel, no ethanol and clean your Carbs.and you will see a diffrence.

Back