Logo

Manual fuel pump location

Ben Clegg

Hi
I'm having issues with the fuel line letting in air and have decided to rip everything out (up to the engine) and start afresh.
I have read conflicting information on where best to place the manual fuel line pump. Some say near to the engine others say near to the tank?
Currently the tank is approximately 10 feet away from the engine with the pump just before the engine. Should I change this and put the pump closer to the tank?

Suggestions appreciated
Cheers
Ben

Ben let me make a few assumtions here without enough information.If you have an engine with fuel injection one can't be overcautious about keeping the fuel clean.Fuel water separator is a must and I get best results when my gas bulb is between the tank and the fuel/water separator.If you don't have a waterseparator put the bulb pump closer to the tank.And no ETHANOL!!!!!

Ben let me make a few assumtions here without enough information.If you have an engine with fuel injection one can't be overcautious about keeping the fuel clean.Fuel water separator is a must and I get best results when my gas bulb is between the tank and the fuel/water separator.If you don't have a waterseparator put the bulb pump closer to the tank.And no ETHANOL!!!!!

Cheers moonman60
Good assumptions..........its a 200 yam carb model, no water separator , I don't use ethanol . Bulb is now close to the tank .
3 pumps max and tight!

Thanks again
Ben

Back